Schwalbe replacing tyres on some Cube race bikes
SCHWALBE is making a free of charge, precautionary exchange of Ultremo ZX tyres (size 23-622, special model, wire bead, non-folding) in a special version fitted on some 2013 Cube bikes.
There have been very few instances where the tyre has come away from the rim causing damage to the bead. The cause of this problem cannot be found in either the manufacturing of the tyre or in the assembly of the bicycle.
"For reasons of extreme caution and without acknowledging any legal obligation for our customers we urge our customers in stores, to replace the corresponding model" says SCHWALBE's Managing Director Holger Jahn. "Retailers have already been informed and it is advisable also to inform the end-user about the possibility of a free exchange." The wired-on Ultremo ZX tyre will be exchanged for the folding version.
Contact information for exchange:
Schwalbe customer support, Bettina Kreft, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel. + 49 2265 10929.
Holger Jahn emphasized: "We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your help in solving this problem“.
The following bikes from model year 2013 affected are:
- Axial GTC SL (# 429003),
- Peloton Pro 3-fach (# 472300),
- Peloton Race compact (# 473200),
- Peloton Race 3-fach (# 473300),
- Agree GTC Race compact (# 477200),
- Agree GTC Race 3-fach (# 477300),
- Agree GTC SL compact (# 478200),
- Agree GTC SL 3-fach (# 478300),
- Agree GTC Di2 SLT compact # (479500),
- Aerium Pro (# 485000),
- Aerium Race (# 486000),
- Agree GTC DI2/2-fach 2013 Export (# 491010)
- Peloton Pro Compact black anodized blue print (# 491012)
- Agree GTC SL RABE Compact carbon´n´white 2013 (# 491018)
- Agree GTC SL RABE 3-fach carbon´n´white 2013 (# 491019)