NEWMEN replaces rims on some Cube road race and cross bikes as a precaution
Recall information of NEWMEN please see below.
If you have any question feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or NEWMEM (email@example.com).
Your CUBE Team
and important safety precautions regarding NEWMEN roadbike wheels and rims
Dear authorized dealer,
as a responible manufacturer of innovative and quality products, MG-Components makes sure all products undergo thorough and in-depth testing. This is the only way we can ensure our high quality products to be safe and reliable. In course of our permanently ongoing market monitoring we have decided to issue a voluntary and precautious recall of the follwing roadbike wheels and rims:
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.25
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.32
- NEWMEN ADVANCED SL R.25
Due to unfavourable tire-rim-tolerances and/or tire installation errors, there is a possibility of the tire coming off the rim with immediate loss of air pressure which can cause unforeseeable consequences for your life and limb. .
- The following wheelsets are not allowed to be ridden anymore whatsoever with immediate effect.
- Please inform all your customers about the immediate prohibition of use for their own safety.
- Do not hand over any more bikes, wheels or rims of the listed types to your customers.
The recall affects the follwing Cube road bike models with Newmen wheelsets which have been sold from 05.03.2017 until today.
- Cube Litening C.68 SLT Disc zeroblack 2017 (#879500)
- Cube Agree Hybrid C.62 SL Disc white´n´black 2018 / 2019 (#139050)
- Cube Agree Hybrid C.62 SLT Disc black edition 2018 (#139150)
- Cube Agree C.62 SLT Disc Carbon´n´black 2018 (#178400)
- Cube Litening C.62 Race Disc teamline 2018 (#179200)
- Cube Litening C.68 SLT Disc zeroblack 2018 (#179400)
- Cube Cross Race C.62 SL teamline 2018 (#188500)
- Cube Cross Race C.62 SLT red´n´green 2018 (#188600)
- Cube Sondermodell Dealer Day Agree C.62 carbon´n´black 2018 (#189110)
The recall affects the follwing Newmen road bike rims which have been sold from 01.03.2017 until today:
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.25 (#90272)
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.32 (#90271)
- NEWMEN ADVANCED SL R.25 (#90018)
as well as the following NEWMEN road bike wheelsets which have been sold from 01.03.2017 until today:
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.25 (#90209, #90210)
- NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL R.32 (#90211, #90212)
- NEWMEN ADVANCED SL R.25 (#90183, #90184)
In order do ensure the safety of your customers we will offer you a fast, safe and satisfactory solution. All information regarding replacement and further steps will be announced in the upcoming 14 days. The replacement of the affected wheels will take place from the beginning of June.
On our website www.newmen-components.de we will provide all relevant news and updates as fast as possible.
In order to meet our information obligation we will issue an official letter to the publishers of the largest bike magazines (Delius Klasing Verlag, Motor Presse Stuttgart, Bielefelder Verlagsanstalt etc.) as well as all relevant industry magazines and portals (e.g. SAZbike, velobiz, Cyclinfo usw.) regarding the recall.
For the sake of completeness we would like to point out that, as an authorized dealer and distributor of our products, you are legally required to support us with this safety related recall.
In case of any further questions, feel free to contact us at
phone: +49 (0) 8370 9216122
at: 09:00-12:00 und 13:00-15:30
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that may occur and would like to thank you in advance for responsibly helping us to ensure the safety of our customers.
For information in Danish or Swedish please see above the related PDF files.