For the former competitive swimmer and silver medallist at the European Championships over the ETU middle distance, Flo completed his first season as a pro triathlete in 2017.
My first triathlon was in Mussbach in 2012 – as you might expect, I dived straight in with an Olympic distance – and I was hooked. I wanted to do it again! In January 2017, I joined the ERDINGER Alkoholfrei professional team. I was pretty happy with my first season as a pro, but bad luck with the weather in the latter half hampered my performance. In 2018 I returned to the top with several podium finishes. This season the focus is finally on establishing a name for myself at the top.
What music do you use to motivate yourself in the last 30 minutes before a race?
I rarely listen to music before a race. I like to talk to the people around me – my girlfriend or my trainer or my sister. It helps to distract me.
What is your training must-have?
For intervals on the bike I’d say music and a bike computer. For running, a sports watch is essential. I always carry a pump/CO2 cartridge and spare inner tube with me on the bike – but I don't take any good-luck charms or unusual items with me on training rides.
How many hours per week do you spend on the bike and what's your favourite training session?
It’s different for each phase of training. It can be anything up to 16-17 hours on a hard week. My favourite session is 2-2.5 hours with VO2 max intervals – it hurts but it’s defo not boring.
How do you recover after a long day of training?
Warm shower, a good evening meal and an ice-cold, non-alcoholic beer.
What do you do when not swimming, cycling or running?
I like to lie on the couch and watch a good TV series; in summer I sit on the balcony drinking coffee and eating cake.
What is your biggest strength?
I'd say I’m down to earth and reliable.
What is important to you?
Enjoying my sport, staying healthy, doing non-sports stuff to help me switch off, like travelling during my (unfortunately) rare breaks in training.
What’s your life motto?
I don't have one!
7th Place Ironman 70.3 St. George
7th Place Ironman 70.3 Tulsa
Winner - Challenge "The Championship" Šamorín
3rd Place Ironman 70.3 Alcudia
13th Place PTO Championship
6th Place Triathlon Ratingen Pushing Limits Race
7th Place Ironman 70.3 Gdynia Polen
Winner Ironman Barcelona (an impressive long-distance debut with a time of 7:45:05)
11th Place Ironman 70.3 WM Nizza
3rd Place Ironman 70.3 Zell am See
Winner Challenge Prag
5th Place Ironman 70.3 EM Elsinore
5th Place Challenge The Championship Samorin
2nd Place Challenge Heilbronn
8th Place Triathon Buschhütten
Winner Ironman 70.3 Rügen
4th Place Ironman 70.3 Zell am See (Swim&Run)
Winner Römerman Ladenburg
Winner Ironman 70.3 Jönköping
3rd Place Challenge WM / The Championship Samorin
4th Place Ironman 70.3 St. Pölten
2nd Place Siegerland Cup Triathlon Buschhütten
11th Place Challenge Davos (Bike&Run)
4th Place Challenge Walchsee
Overall win BASF Triathlon Cup
2nd Place Heidelbergman Winner Römerman Ladenburg
4th Place Challenge Heilbronn
2nd Place Mußbach Triathlon
5th Place Ironman 70.3 St. Pölten
- 2nd Place ETU European Championship Middle Distance
- 2nd Place Challenge Walchsee Kaiserwinkl
- Overall win BASF Triathlon Cup Rhein Neckar
- 2nd Place Heidelbergman BASF Cup
- Winner BadenWürttemberg Champion Short Distance
- Winner Römerman Ladenburg BASF Cup
- 7th Place Sparkasse Challenge Heilbronn
- Winner Mußbach Triathlon BASF Cup
- 2nd Place Buschhütten Race of Champions
- 2nd Place Koblenz City Triathlon
- 10th – Place Ironman 70.3 Rügen
- Overall win – BASF Triathlon Cup Rhein Neckar
- Winner – Heidelbergman BASF Cup
- Winner – Ladenburg Römerman BASF Cup
- Winner – Erding CityTriathlon
- Winner – Mußbach Triathlon BASF Cup
- 2nd Place – Buschhütten team competition German Triathlon League
- Winner – City Triathlon Koblenz
Because of an injury I had to cancel the season.
- 6th Place Viernheim VCard Triathlon
- 3rd Place Frankfurt City Triathlon
- 3rd Place Overall LBS Cup Triathlon League BadenWürttemberg
- 3rd Place Schluchsee Triathlon LBS Cup Triathlon League
- 4th Place Sprint Triathlon Eberbach
- 10th Place Viernheim VCard Triathlon
- 3th Place Lampertheim Triathlon
- 17th Place Mußbach Triathlon
- Member of the German Swimming Federation’s National CSquad
- Participation at the European Junior Championships in Helsinki in 2010 and 5th in the 4x100m freestyle relay
- Several times German Junior National Champion 200m, 400m & 1500m freestyle
- Several times SouthernGerman National Champion